05 Aug Top 10 websites in India
Following are the top 10 websites in India
- Flipkart.com: It is the most popular Indian e-commerce website. It was founded in 2007 by just an investment of 4 lakh by two friends Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, both alumni of the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. They had been working for Amazon.com previously. Flip kart has launched its own product range under the name “DigiFlip” with products including tablets, USBs, headphones, computer accessories, Flip kart acquired the websites Mime360.com and chakpak.com. Later that year flip kart bought the company Letsbuy.com for an estimated US$25, It was closed down and all the traffic of lets buy is transferred to flip kart.
- indiatimes: It is one of the top website in India started in 1996 and one of the leading news, shopping and job portal in India. India times is the flagship brand of Times Internet Limited. Times Internet Limited is in turn promoted by the Times Group, which has 90% stake in it. Apart from news, sports, cricket, astrology and number of other things, the portal offers Shopping claims if is one of the India’s online shopping platform featuring over 30,000 products for sale across wide range of categories such as apparels, accessories, jewelries, electronics, books, movies, etc.
- Snapdeal.com: It was started on February 2010 as a daily deals platform but expanded in September 2011 to become an online marketplace. Snapdeal.com is third most popular Indian website around the world. Another E Commerce company which is making it big in India. They offer 4 million +product across diverse across diverse categories from over 20,000 seller’s, shipping to 4,000 cities and towns in India.
- Jabong.com: Jabong is an Indian fashion and lifestyle e-commerce portal, selling apparel, footwear, fashion accessories, beauty products, fragrances, home accessories and other fashion and lifestyle products. The company is headquartered in Gurgaon, NCR. The site started operations in January 2012.In March 2013, Jabong was shipping 6000-7000 orders a day. Jabong was one of the most visited e-commerce sites during the Great Online Shopping Festival 2013. Company representatives claimed that its revenues increased five to six times compared to a usual day, and that Jabong set a record for sale in the male fashion category.
- NDTV.com: New Delhi Television Limited (NDTV) is an Indian commercial broadcasting television network founded in 1988 by husband and wife Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy.NDTV is an acronym for the original name of the company, New Delhi Television. Over the years NDTV expanded its brand portfolios to seize opportunities beyond space and has step down subsidiary: NDTV lifestyle, NDTV Convergence, and today it is most followed and watched news website.
- Rediff.com: Rediff is the first Indian website cone into existence in 1996. Rediff brings maximum number of visits to its site. A mailing and news website which is one of the first Internet Company in India. Besides rediffmail, rediff bol and Rediff locale are the other product of this rediff.com.
- ICICIbank.com: ICICI Bank is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. As of 2014, it is the second largest bank in India in terms of assets and market capitalization. It offers a wide range of banking products and financial services for corporate and retail customers through a variety of delivery channels and specialized subsidiaries in the areas of investment banking, life, non-life insurance, venture capital and asset management. The Bank has a network of 4,050 branches and 12,642 ATMs in India, and has a presence in 17 countries including India.
- Quikr.com: Quikr was launched on 12 July 2008 and is currently present in 900 cities across India. Quikr provides the local community with a platform to help them buy, sell, rent and find something and address needs across many categories. These categories numbering over 12 and sub-categories over 140 range from Mobiles, real estate, cars, services, jobs, entertainment, furniture, electronics etc.
- HDFCbank.com: HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Incorporated in 1994, it is the fifth largest bank in India as measured by assets. It is the largest private sector bank [ in India by market capitalization as of February 2014. The bank was promoted by the Housing Development Finance Corporation, a premier housing finance company (set up in 1977) of India. According to the Brand Trust Report 2014, HDFC was ranked 32nd among India’s most trusted brands. HDFC was ranked 45th on the list of top 50 Banks in the world in terms of their market capitalization
- JustDial.com: Just Dial is an Indian company providing pan-India search services via the Phone, Web, Mobile and SMS. It is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The service represents a large classifieds service where users can call a common number to request a human operator what products or services they are looking for. The available, listed businesses are then communicated to the users by Email or SMS.